Results will be emailed to all contestants that submit a valid email address.
On event dates participants can come anytime between 9:00 and 12:00. Once you sign in, that's when you throw, first come first throw. After you throw you can leave or hang around.
If there is a lull in the action you can practice some if you want to.
As interest grows this would be a monthly match on the First Saturday of each month.
We will throw three games (10 throws each game). Scoring is as shown in section below on this page. Matches usually take about approximately 30 minutes.Please click on the event date at left to register
Matches usually run until approximately 12:00 PM.
Competition is open to members and the public.
Equipment & Rules
Match director has equipment available for loan to try out this event. Participants are welcome to bring their own equipment.
The following are the Rules for the Axe Throwing Range at DPRC.
- All Axes will be sheathed or bagged when not in use.
- There are currently two targets. When two participants are throwing at the same time, they must wait till both parties complete throwing before retrieving their axes.
- Walk slowly when retrieving Axes, as a fall could result in serious injury. Axes are finely sharpened for good sticking ability.
- Axes may be thrown in either One handed or Two handed (best for beginners).
- No trick shot throwing allowed, these Axes are known to do wild things if they hit the target wrong, including coming back at you.
- Common sense is expected at all times.
- Specific information about Axe throwing can be found on WATL ( World Axe Throwing League ) website, and Facebook. Also anything you need to know can be found via Google.
Scoring is based on where the axe lands in relation to the circles on the target.
Directions to club and amenities